Sunday, January 21, 2007

Lache pas Jaques!

Welcome, friends. It is not so happy that I was saying goodbye to that doughty Mr Nuniwokingkac as he fly on his travel away from safe and welcome Canada.

But, he have, after all, an end in sight - to meet the aeroplane of the dessert and his beautiful burdens - and who is bold Jaques to stand between them.


And so, off he go, to India.




I tell him, "Mr Nuniwokingkac," I say, "you must be careful there, it is not the same as Nunavut, oh no. There will be many things to surprise you." But Mr Nuniwokingkac, he is one tough cookie, and stubborn like a porcupine, so he just smile and say, "Qanuingittunga!" I know then that it is no good talking more, he will go.

And now friends, you are thinking, why is it that Jaques makes so much of this? Surely, he is not trembling of the lip and pressing his eyes at the errant Eskimo, like some damsel? Oh, no, my olds, bold Jaques is not a wet handkerchief, he embraces Mr Nuniwokingkac in a manly bear hug and kisses his cheeks. But Jaques wonders, "How goes Frugal Colonial Foods without the sharp and silent Mr Nuniwokingkac? It will be hard, yes." And so I wave him away sadly from Yellowknife and, shame to say, buy one big crate of Maudite to drink while I concoct my solo meal . ...




.... what are you asking? Heinnn, you are looking carefully at the farewell picture and seeing some flowers? Pantoute! But yes, these are, no doubt, the herbs, which are good forest food, my olds, which I give to Mr Nuniwokingkac as a gift from FCF to the people of India. How else will they know to purchase our delicious goods! Mets ca dans ta pipe!